19 windsurfing gift ideas
Finding a Christmas, birthday orFather’s Day gift that really pleases is never an easy thing to do. But if you are reading this article, it is because you know what interests the person you are targeting, that you are a least a little interested in his passion and therefore… that you are on the right track. We have set up several “gift idea” departments on the site for the occasion.
Oftentimes, the interested party often leaves out very practical accessories that he looks at but does not gethimself thinking “that’s what’s more set aside for a wing / board”. Realistically, you are not going to offer him a windsurfing sail or a surfboard. Luckily, there are a lot of simple accessories that are great gift ideas.
So here’sour approach:
Do you agree that the windsurfer values his equipment as much as the apple of his eye (maniacal tendency)?
However, he lacks accessories that improve comfort and/or take care of his equipment (covers, etc.) because he postpones these purchases until later.
By choosing an“accessory” gift linked to his passion, you will show your interest in his mostprecious passion.
In our opinion, this is where the pleasure of offering and receiving lies: attention beyond the object.
Don’t you agree? Here are our suggestions! Enjoy reading!
In the art world, it is necessary to distinguish between paintings, original artworks and reproductions. Indeed, it is the original painting that is unique.
What is an original artwork ?
We will give you our definition of windsurf artwork, which corresponds more or less to the art market in France. It is a unique work created by an artist. There is therefore only one copy in the world. It is nevertheless possible to make reproductions of this artwork on paper or canvas, but the latter will befar lessvaluable than the original.
In the windsurfing gallery, you will find originals on canvas and paper.
1 – Original windsurfing artwork
As far back as I can remember, I have always drawn, painted. I have a very clear memory that my best academic results were in drawing, and in sports. As I write these lines, I realize that everything was there, a long time ago…
Pascal Jean Delorme
Would you like to give your house or apartment a windsurfing atmosphere or theme?
Discover the windsurfing art gallery of Pascal Jean Delorme, French painter and artist.
You will find original artworks on the theme of windsurfing at very attractive prices.
Offer an original gift that you will never see elsewhere.
Buy now at Artandsports
2 – Heavy-Duty Surfboard Roof Rack
We don’t always know the wind conditions we will encounter. Like many windsurfers, you have several boards, and you know that it is not always easy to transport them by car, so here is THE solution!
- Securely holds 1-3 shortboards or longboards on top of your vehicle (depending on thickness)
- UNIVERSAL FIT FOR CARS, TRUCKS, AND SUVs: Simply run straps through vehicle and tighten to hold rack pads in place
- NO ROOF BARS OR GUTTERS REQUIRED: Straps directly onto your vehicle’s roof with no additional equipment needed
- PROTECTIVE COVERED BUCKLES: Each metal buckles is housed in a thick silicone shell to prevent scratches
- CORROSION RESISTANT FOR SALT WATER: Heavy-duty metal buckles for all weather conditions
Pretty good product for the money. Does the job for now, until I save up enough for a proper roof rack. If it lasts longer than I expect, all the better. It’s easy to figure out, but like others have mentioned, the included instructions are not at all helpful.
This is a really good soft rack for me. I have a 2 door Honda without a built-in rack and have been using pool noodles with moving straps. This is much easier and super reasonable. Very east to install, too.
If you live in California and want to drive around with your surfboard, this is the best option. I used to use a real roof rack and straps on my old car, but that took a while to setup and was not always secure. With this one, you can easily place on the pads and strap on the board without a hassle.Buy now at Amazon
3 – Proster Handheld Anemometer Portable Wind Speed Meter
CFM Meter Wind Gauges Air Flow Thermometer with LCD Backlight for Weather Data Collection Outdoors Sailing windsurfing kitesurfing
When you aren’t familiar with the spot, it is sometimes difficult to be aware of the weather conditions. Which sail size to choose, which board? With your anemometer, you will instantly know the wind conditions.
- Proster Anemometer: m/s: 0.40~30.0 ±(2.0% reading+50); ft/m: 80~5900 ±(2.0% reading+50); km/h : 1.4~108.0 ±(2.0% reading+50); mile/h: 0.9~67.0 ±(2.0% reading+50); Knots: 0.8~58.0 ±(2.0% reading+50)
- CFM: 0 to 99990 0 to 9.999ft2; CMM: 0 to 99990 0 to 9.999ft2; CMS: 0 to 9999 0 – 9.999 m2
- Multi-function: Reading hold, maximum, minimum, etc for Hand-held or Fixed Measurement.
- Portable and Professional: Large LCD display backlight measuring instrument, easy to read data in dark.
- Power Supply: 9V6F22 Battery (Included), low battery indicator with auto power off functions.
Great instrument for measuring air flow from your HVAC vents (and many other things, I’m sure). Read the user guide before you attempt to measure air flow volume, though.
This is a clean good sturdy unit with multiple functions, I am very pleased with this product. It is easy to use and robust and works great. I use it before windsurfing in the ocean to measure wind speed in knots.Buy now at Amazon
4 – Windsurfing Gloves with 3/4 Finger and Grip for Men and Women
If you have ever sailed in warm seas, such as the West Indies, you know that blisters are quickly caught in your hands. Here is the accessory that will allow your favorite windsurfer to sail longer.
- ALLOWS FULL DEXTERITY: When you sail, you rely on your fingers for a variety of tasks. These fingerless gloves only cover 3/4 of your fingers so that you can use your fingertips to tie knots.
- PERFECT FOR WATER ACTIVITIES: In addition to exercise and weightlifting, these gloves are also great for gripping wet surfaces, such as kayak paddles, which makes them ideal for windsurfing. Add them to your water sport accessories today.
- OPTIMIZED FOR LIFTING: We’ve designed these gloves with lifters like you in mind. The stretchy material keeps your hands cool as you sweat, and the fingers are padded for optimal impact protection, better grip, and improved comfort as you pump iron. Your hands and fingers will be able to bend naturally so that you get the best possible workout.
I have not had these gloves long, so I can’t speak to their durability, but the do look very well constructed.
They fit well, better than most sailing gloves that I’ve had in fact. I’ve had a hard time finding 2XX size gloves, and when I have, most were undersized. The best thing is that, these gloves cost 1/3 to 1/2 the cost of the others that I have purchased. If they hold up even an average amount of time, they will still be a good deal.
5 – Dakine – Unisex Adjustable Lines Harness
It is the essential accessory for all windsurfers. The lines harness, depending on the practice, tend to wear out quickly. It is important to have a pair of spares. 😉
- 8-Plait pre-stretched FSE Robline rope
- High-density polyurethane tubing
- Non-corrosive adjustable buckle
- Non-slip boom pads
- Custom length adjustment
Great harness lines at good price.Buy now at Amazon
6 – Paragliding/Paramotor windsurf Mount/Backpack Mount
Shoulder Strap Mount for Gopro Action Camera – Perfect for Kiteboarding, Windsurfing and Skydiving
If you want to film your exploits on water, this is the accessory you need!
- flexible strong magnets dic.
- adjustable mounting system.
- waterproof Construction.
- come with an extra safety cable protecting.
- perfect for kiteboarding, skydiving, paraglidering, car and other ferruginous surface.
The mount stayed attached to the wing no problem. It comes with a nylon tether and the ability to tether a camera to the mount. So far so good. See video filmed with a GoPro Hero 7 black in a metal case with a couple filtering lenses attached to give you an idea of the weight.Buy now at Amazon
7 – Black Diamond Chaos Harness
No windsurfing without a harness! You can get someone the combined harness plus the lines harness. 😉
- Bullhorn-shaped waistbelt is built with Kinetic Core Construction for superior comfort. Kinetic Core Construction uses a thin layer of Vectran fibers instead of traditional webbing to more evenly distribute weight across the waist and legs. Waistbelt and leg loops feature an abrasion-resistant outer shell and a soft, padded 3D mesh interior.
- Pre-threaded Forged Speed Adjust waistbelt buckle allows for super-fast on/off. Four pressure-molded gear loops with slightly larger front loops; 12 kN-rated haul loop. Adjustable, releasable elastic rear risers.
8 – Premium Surfboard Bags & SUP Paddle Board Bags – Extra Bungee Storage [5′-11′]
Ideal for transporting your boards in good conditions!
- [SPECS] : Lightweight, UV Reflective Surfboard Bag & Paddle Board Bag For Board Protection and Care | Surf Bag Sizes and Paddle Board Bag Sizes Available in 5ft, 6ft, 7ft, 8ft, 9ft, 10ft, & 11ft sizes | Simple Design Combined With Extra Durable, High Quality Materials = Best Value Surfboard Bags and Paddle Board Bags on the market
- [DESIGN] : Each Surfboard Bag & Paddle Board Bag features built-in comfortable carrying handle and shoulder strap for easy transportation | Bungee Rope system for extra storage to hold wetsuit, towel, etc. | Heat and Water resistant Tarpaulin material | UV resistant foils on Both Sides | 1/5” Foam Protective Layer | Durable sand resistant zipper
- [PURCHASE INCLUDES] : (1) Surfboard Bag / Paddleboard Bag In Selected Size
- [SPECIFIC BOARD BAG DIMENSIONS] : 5’ Surfboard Bag = 61” x 24” Wide | 6′ Surfboard Bag = 73” long x 24” wide | 7′ Surfboard Bag = 85” long x 25” wide | 8′ Surfboard Bag = 97” long x 25” wide | 9′ Surfboard Bag = 109” long x 25” wide | 10’ Surfboard Bag = 120” long x 30” wide | 11′ Paddle Board Bag = 133” long x 33” wid
- [100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE] : Use your Board Bag Risk Free And Love It For 30 Days Or Return It (re-stocking Fee Applies) | We Keep Returns Easy And Handle Your Shipping Needs | We Firmly Believe Our Surfboard Day Bags and Paddle Board Day Bags Are Of The Best Quality, Durability, Design, & Value In The Industry | We Use Our Bags All the Time with Our Boards, They Work Great, Keep The Boards Protected From The Elements, And Keep Your Car Clean!
This is a great board bag and well worth the price. It fits my 9’0” Walden longboard beautifully and will be perfect for protecting the board on my car roof racks on road trips.
Exactly what we needed and a good value compared to much others available. Perfect for storage
Basic Cover – but works absolutely fine. 9ft 6″ RED Compact iSUP fitted in the 10 ft bad.
Buy now at Amazon
9 – Dakine Surface Vest
- 1 1/4″ [ 3cm ] Closed cell foam
- Waist and seat harness compatible
- Super stretch design for freedom of movement
- Zippered front for easy on/off
- Dual sport design
Great vest. Very comfortable with nothing that restricts movement. It also keeps you floating better than other neoprene (impact type) vest I’ve used.
Great vest but really sizes small. Do take chest measurement and check Dakine chart. I wear a medium/large shirt and XL is still a tight fit.Buy now at Amazon
10 – G&G Polarized Water Sport Sunglasses Windsurfing
- Plastic frame
- Polycarbonate lens
- Lens width: 64 millimeters
- Lens height: 38 millimeters
- Constructed with TR-90 polymer frame. The best sunglasses for water sports.
- Polarized polycarbonate lenses provide 100% UVA & UVB Protection that eliminates reflective glare.
- Easy one handed adjustable nylon strap and lightweight vented frame, ideal for all water sports stays on!
- Polarized Water Sports Sunglasses for kiteboarding, kitesurfing, Jet ski, Windsurfing, kayaking and other sports.
- Polarized Water sport sunglasses for Men and Women Micro fiber bag included
I love these and have ordered them several times (in different colors). I’m in the ocean several times a week so I use these a lot when surfing. It takes off the sun glare on the surface of the water, wicks easily and allows me to stay out longer because my eyes don’t hurt so much from the sun reflections.
Excellent purchase. They are very comfortable and keep the wind out of my eyes while riding.
Buy now at Amazon
11 – Onefeng Sports Scooter Moped Surfboard Rack
It can be a lot of work for a windsurfer to be able to putthe mast and sail in place, but I know some people that aren’t bothered by this kind of task.
- WORKS WITH MOST SCOOTERS/MOPEDS – Mounts to the rear cargo rack.
- EASY TO INSTALL:Simply clamp it to your rear rack.(hardware and instructions included)
- MATERIALS – Scooter rack made of sturdy aluminum construction. And because the color is “anodized” into the aluminum, it won’t chip off like paint.
- SAFELY DESIGN:Safely transport your Surfboard on moped.Foam covered arms prevent dings or scratches on your surfboard.
- THE CARRIER IS SLEEK – Comes only in black and is lightweight enough for anyone to handle and mount.Have a fun day motoring to the beach and surfing the waves.
Put the rack on my duel sport. Awesome rack and fast shipping.
Works really well with my 6’4’’ surfboard. Wobbles with my 8 foot longboard but nothing too crazyBuy now at Amazon
12 – Tilos Sport Skin Socks for Adults, for Water Sports
- Top quality material and construction for durability
- Neoprene sole with lycra and adjustable cuff
- Protects feet from hot sand, mud, blisters and sunburn
- Super lightweight, weighs less than 1 lbs (.45kg)
- Improves performance for beach volleyball, sand sports, snorkeling
I can’t believe I didn’t know about these sooner!!!
I (we – my husband also got a pair and loved them) bought these to take on our Mexico beach vacation. I’ve brought other water shoes before, and while good for excursions and such, they were not good for just walking on the beach because they would quickly fill with sand.
13 – DOUSSPRT Women’s Water Shoes Quick Drying Sports Aqua Shoes
- 1. Fabric
- 2. Breathable and durable air mesh upper allow the foot to breathe.
- 3. Open mesh on the upper and hole on the sole provides for superior breathability and quick drying.
- 4. OCCASION – beach, swimming, pool, wake-boarding, sailing, boating, kayaking, windsurfing, cycling, jogging, walking, fishing, beach volleyball, gardening, lawn, car-washing and driving. Family outings!
- 5. Feel free to contact us if any questions before ordering and after-sale issues!
I love these! They are great in the water, I love that they are easy to get on wet or dry. You can tighten them or loosen them. I am going to buy a second pair.
Wonderful! I climbed falls in the Caribbean and went through rick, mid, water and sand. No issues at all.
They were so comfortable I used them the whole trip around the cruise ship and ports. 10+. Thank you!
Intended to be used for water classes in shallow water. I needed some support and protection. For the price these are great. They hug my feet and provide some cushion between my feet and the concrete bottom of the pool.Buy now at Amazon
14 – Tricktionary 3 Windsurfing Bible
After more than 3 years, finally this extremely comprehensive brand new Windsurfing Tricktionary book is finished! Countless hours of detail work have gone into this book. It is a great book to have and study for windsurfers of every level! Like in all Tricktionary products, the Windsurfing Bible delivers highest quality in all areas. 7 main chapters: Basics, Slalom, Light Wind Freestyle, Planing Freestyle, Jumping Freestyle, Wave Extremely detailed high focus moves: Superbasics, Fast Tack, Power Jibe, Duck Jibe, 360s, Chop Hop, Speed Loop, Air Jibe, Wave Basics, Wave Riding. More than half of the book consists of non-jumping moves/topics! What’s new in this version: Expanded beginner part, enhanced and now huge light wind freestyle chapter, more focus on most important moves such as power jibe, fast tack, chop hop…and more, the latest “Power Moves”, strongly enhanced wave beginner and intermediate part, slalom tuning and tactics special. THIS BOOK IS IN ENGLISH.
I was hesitant about buying a $60+ book but it’s worth every penny and will last a lifetime. The amount of detailed content inside is pretty unbelievable. Wish I had found it sooner…
Great book. It is pleasure seeing Andy perform good chunk of the tricks in the book.Buy now at Amazon
15 – Start Windsurfing Right: The National Standard for Quality Sailing Instruction
Start Windsurfing Right was developed to build your enthusiasm and make your introduction to this fantastic sport a positive one. The book emphasizes getting on the water quickly and learning ‘by doing’. Start Windsurfing Right covers all the skills you need to get started: gear, safety, rigging and equipment, wind, weather and currents, and rules of the road. Used by sailing schools around the country, Start Windsurfing Right is the definitive learn-to-windsurf text, published by the national authority for sailing in the US.
This book is a text used by a windsurfing association to teach newbys to sail. It deals with everything from
how to set up your “rig” to carrying it on your car. It covers every aspect of the sport, step by step with good graphics and instruction.
great supplement for learning to windsurf, not a replacement for lessons or getting on a board!Buy now at Amazon
16 – Windsurfing Kindle Edition
Combine the thrill, freedom and exhilaration of surfing, skiing and sailing, and you have an understanding of the attraction of windsurfing. This book is the ultimate guide to windsurfing; packed full of information and with photographs by John Carter, it offers a full explanation of equipment, a detailed description of the basic as well as intermediate and advanced techniques, and has specific chapters on planing, sailing smaller boards, gybing, wave sailing and much more.
I have spent the past year getting back into windsurfing and have been slowly progressing, but was making very little headway in the area of waterstarting.
This is a beautifully illustrated and detailed instructional book for beginner to advanced windsurfers. The pictures are in sequence which helps the descriptions of “tacks”, “gybes” and other moves.Buy now at Amazon
17 – Best of Windsurfing “10”
This action packed windsurf movie is impacting the world with the most insane and breathtaking images ever captured on film. Amazing footage that has featured on shows around the world (National Geographic, Discovery, Time/ Life, Fox, TBN…. ) “ONE ZERO- 10 Years of Wind” featuring the best 10 years of windsurf action from the makers of Award Winning movies- UNLEASHED, RAVE, SPEED IQ, BOOST, and producers of the TV series XLTV. High end production using helicopters, special camera mounts and the world’s top athletes all in one powerful package. Travel, contests, wipeouts, legends, JAWS and more.
Seller did exactly as promised. Product as described. Very happy. Would buy again.
Great video on windsurfing. It has all the greats doing amazing stuff at locations all around the world. The movie is fairly short (about 20 minutes) but there is an advanced instructional video on the disk that is about 30 minutes with a lot of good tips and techniques.Buy now at Amazon
18 – DVD A Windsurfing Instructional
A new generation of sailors. A new generation of moves. Top Selling Instructional Windsurf movie of all time. Sean Ordonez, Hookipa local and rated as one of the Best Wavesailors of all times. Recognised for his explosive moves and unique style takes us step by step through some of the most popular windsurf maneuveres. Strap in and hold on as we put you in the pilots seat. Close up helicopter & camera mounts, from every angle allow for a “virtual reality” learning process. Advance your windsurfing no matter what level you’re at. From basic gybes, freestyle tricks and loops all the way to high powered waveriding and moves of the future. Take your windsurfing to the Next Level!
I believe this DVD is Award Winning & one of the best-selling HOW TO Windsurf movies ever, intended for sailors that know how to waterstart.
Buy now at Amazon
19 – Sports Safaris California & Europe Boardercross Action & Europe’s Secret Windsurfing Spot
Buy now at Amazon